North Seaton Primitive Methodist chapel
John Dawson tells us in the 1869 Primitive Methodist magazine of the opening of a new chapel at North Seaton in the Blyth circuit. The ceremonies started on October 11th 1868. Opening preachers were Revs JM Dawson and J Elliot, and Messrs A Swinny, R Wheatly and T Wondlys
The new chapel cost £350 of which they had raised £200. Coopen Colliery owners were amongst the donors, granting the ground to be leased and giving the stone. The kindness of GB Foster is especially noted,
The chapel measured 48’ x 40’, seated 500 and was located at North Seaton Colliery. It disappears after 1958 and is an industrial estate in the 21st Century.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1869 page 110