References to Primitive Methodist chapels crop up in the most unexpected places. Raymond Ella found the picture of Upper Landywood Primitive Methodist chapel in The American Architect & Building News, vol. LV, number 1099, page 24, Jan., 16th., 1897. The location is confirmed as Staffordshire, Eng.[land], with Messrs. Hickton & Farmer, the architects.
The chapel is still an active Methodist society. It is situated on Streets Lane, Upper Landywood. Raymond points out that on Google Street View it has bushes cut in the shape of crosses and behind are stone plaques.
Although the illustration dates from c.1897 it is an artists impression and the chapel was not built until 1906. Does it differ from the illustration?
On an O.S. map c1915 the building is marked “PM Chapel”.
There was a Wesleyan Chapel in Landywood.
Society records are held in the Staffordshire Record Office:
Ref. CJ322, Records of Upper Landywood Primitive Methodist Chapel : List of trustees, minute books, treasurers books, leaders.