Causey Row, Shotley Bridge circuit.
The Return from Causey Row Primitive Methodist chapel in the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship tells us that the chapel was built in 1843.
In the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1868, John Welford wrote about the Anniversary services held in 1866 to celebrate the opening of a new Primitive Methodist chapel in Causey Row in May 1866, at which point they owed £111 9s. He tells us that since the opening ”forty vile sinners, drunken and wicked characters, besides a large number of Sabbath-school children have been converted and added to the society.”
The chapel was located at the eastern end of Causey New Row, which has since disappeared, along with the chapel. The location is now the Causey Arch picnic area.
Primitive Methodist magazine of 1868 page 429