Settle Commercial Road Ebenezer Primitive Methodist Chapel. Yorkshire
Grid ref 822634
Ebenezer Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1841. In 1851 it provided 100 free and 100 other sittings. This is an excellent example of the “cottage” style which seems to have been the norm for chapels built in the Pennine region before about 1860. Was one of the attractions the fact that the building could be readily converted into a dwelling if no longer needed? This is what has happened here, probably after the new chapel was built in Skipton Road.
The National Archives HO129/488/2/6/15 1851 ecclesiastical census
Site visit 24.02.2018