For some years services were held in the Lancastrian School, in Gibraltar Street, and a Primitive Methodist society established, which, in 1860, built a good chapel in Hoyle Street. In 1901, new schools were constructed at a cost on £1.600
The chapel was located at the southern end of Hoyle Street, where it joined Jericho Street. It disappears from Ordnance Survey maps between 1935 and 1954. The area has been completely redeveloped since.