North Frodingham Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:former North Frodingham  Primitive Methodist chapel

former North Frodingham Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 2000

location of North Frodingham Primitive Methodist chapel

Foston Lane, North Frodingham, DRIFFIELD, YO25 8JZ

By Christopher Hill

North Frodingham Primitive Methodists built a chapel in Foston Lane at the junction with North Townside Road in 1842 and registered it the next year. The  chapel was closed in 1954 and sold in 1956; part has been demolished and the rest was used as a workshop.  On Google Street View in August 2010 it has been demolished and replaced by a house.

The Primitive Methodist Sunday school at the junction of the street and Foston Lane in 1865 was used as a recreation room for the village in the mid 20th century, before being demolished

There was even a Friendly Society.  The Driffield branch of a Primitive Methodist preachers' provident society was founded in fact at North Frodingham in 1856, had 27 members in 1866, but was discontinued in 1873. 


 Reference

Victoria County History- Yorkshire accessed April 10th 2015

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 10/04/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.