Walkington Primitive Methodist chapel
38 Northgate Walkington HU17 8ST
At the start of the Twentieth Century Walkington offered a Primitive Methodist Chapel on East End and the Jubilee Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on West End. The Primitive and Wesleyan chapels did not join together until 1962. In 2017 the Wesleyan chapel still serves, but the Primitive chapel has been demolished.
There had been a previous Primitive Methodist chapel, in Northgate. It was built in 1837 and served until 1879 when it was replaced by the chapel in East End. It has now been converted into a house. The house is in two distinct parts; was the chapel the gable end section or the part with embossed figureheads?