Clayton Primitive Methodist chapel
In the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1837, GW Armitage tells us that a new chapel had been opened at Clayton in the Preston circuit.
Opening services started on the 19th March 1837 and the preachers included Mr T Aspinall Rev O’Hanlan and Mr T Pomfret.
The new chapel was quite small and had been bought for £70 from protestant Methodists. By the time of opening there was a “goodly number” in the society and a good Sunday school.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1837 / 453