Before the Centenary Church was built in 1908, there was at least one earlier chapel.
The Return to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship was completed by the chapel steward, John Hill (no relation!). He reports that the chapel was built in 1843 and accommodated 120 people, all in free seats. The attendance on Census Sunday, when, unusually, there was no morning service, was 52 in the afternoon and 38 in the evening. In the previous year the average attendance in the morning was 30 with a Sunday school of 16 children.