Shiptonthorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire
The parish of Shipton-Thorpe comprises the townships of Shipton and Thorpe-le-Street.The village is situated one and three quarter miles north west of Market Weighton.
East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley has the following information about this chapel.
Ref. MRP/4/1-89: Pocklington Primitive Methodist Circuit – includes Shipton(Thorpe).
Ref. DDPY/29/180: Probate Copy Will of Mary Leng, Shipton spinster. Will dated 15th May 1835, proved 24th Sept., 1835, amongst the beneficiaries are benefits for the sick Preachers in the Primitive Methodist or Ranters Connexion Properties: houses, land at Shipton.
Genuki has the following information from Bulmer’s History and Directory of East Yorkshire (1892):-
“There are chapels in the village for Wesleyans, dated 1833, and Primitive Methodists, dated 1867. The latter is a neat brick building, and superseded an older one, erected in 1834.”
See also further information on this page - http://d35wuyehavsdko.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/cms/e/E_Riding_PM_chapels_date_recorded1.pdf