Silkstone Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire
‘Our chapel (at Silkstone) was opened September 14, 1834. To God be all the glory. After this the Lord put it into our hearts to begin a Sunday School. We found many difficulties: but on June 27, 1824, we began with about ten scholars. And now, thanks be to God, we have upwards of sixty; and the Lord has raised us up fourteen teachers.’
John Mitchell, Jan 19, 1825
Primitive Methodist Children’s Magazine, vol 1 (5), Feb 1825, pp77-78.