Oxfordshire Records Office tells us that Ranters, presumably Primitive Methodists, were recorded in Middle Barton in 1834. Later in 1851 a chapel was built in Westcott Barton on the south side of the village street near the former mill. In 1860 it was replaced by a new building on the west side of the dock in Middle Barton.
The chapel was still in use in 1980: does it still exist? Street View is not brave enough to go there.