The first Swerford Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1879. It was made of wood and was sited on Chapel Hill. It has since been demolished and is in the ground of a cottage.
In 1938 a new chapel was built further down Chapel Hill on the site of the old forge and post office. It cost £500 and accommodated around 100 people. For many years Violet Johnson was at the heart of chapel.
The chapel closed in 1992 and in 2011 is in residential use.
Thanks to Martin Hannant of Chipping Norton Methodist church for the information