Maidstone Brewer Street Primitive Methodist chapel
63A Brewer Street MAIDSTONE ME14 1RY
Brewer Street Primitive Methodist chapel in Maidstone was opened in 1881. It closed in the late 1930s. After closure it became a Rechabite Hall and at the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph it was in use as a dancing school.
On Google Street View in June 2014, it is in use as a house.
The Independent Order of Rechabites is a Friendly Society founded in England in 1835 as part of the wider British temperance movement to promote total abstinence from alcohol.