The 1883 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a commodious new Primitive Methodist school-chapel at Bowling in the Bradford First circuit. The chapel was in New Hey Lane. It replaced an obscure and inconvenient building in Bowling Back Lane.
The land and building cost £1,200, with half the sum raised. There was enough land to build a church at a later date.
On Street View in 2019 the chapel is still active. It still carries the carved stone declaring it as a Primitive Methodist Sunday School with the date 1882.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1883 page 188