Brompton Primitive Methodist Chapel Cayley Lane Yorkshire
The Chapel was opened for worship in 1871
Brompton also called Brompton by Sawdon is a village on the A170 within a short drive of Scarborough.
There is very little history known about the Primitive Methodist Chapel. In the ‘Statistical Returns as at July 1940’ the chapel had seating for 90. The actual date of closure is not known but may have been in the 1980s.
After the Chapel was sold at auction it was demolished to make a pleasant garden for the property opposite.
Photo No.1 is a view looking up Cayley Lane towards the A170. The P.M. Chapel sits out in front of the buildings on the right-hand side of the road.
Photo No.2 is the same view but in 2017.
Photo No.3 shows the original steps going up to the PM Chapel.
Photos 2 & 3 taken July 2017
OS Map Ref:101:SE944821