Brawby (Ebenezer) Primitive Methodist Chapel North Yorkshire
This chapel was built in 1838 by voluntary subscriptions.
Brawby is a small village in the Ryedale district of North Yorkshire.
The Methodist chapel sits within a row of modern houses but once it may have stood on the edge of Brawby on its own. In the statistical records of 1972 the chapel is listed as being built in 1889. Looking at the chapel plaque the date is clearly written as 1838. Which is correct? Looking on Google Map and from a local person’s knowledge the chapel probably closed for worship around about ten years ago. After some neglection it has now been converted into pleasing accommodation.
Photos taken June 2018