Wootton Primitive Methodist chapel

Tiptoe Road, Wootton

Wootton Primitive Methodist chapel | Keith Guyler 1991
Wootton Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1991

In his 1864 The history of the Primitive Methodist connexion, page 445 John Petty describes how a Primitive Methodist chapel was erected in Wootton after a preacher visited the hamlet in 1843 and “converted a number of sinners . . . and formed a society of nine members.” 

At the tiime of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1990 the chapel was disused. 

The chapel building still survives and is a red brick structure with a slate roof on Tiptoe Road.  Google Street View in 2011 shows it as unloved and waiting for a use.


Reference:

John Petty, (1864), The history of the Primitive Methodist connexion, page 445

 

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone