Romsey Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hampshire
1st chapel in The Hundred (1845), 2nd chapel in Middlebridge Street (1895)
The first Primitive Methodist Chapel in Romsey opened in 1845 in The Hundred. It was rebuilt in 1868, and closed in 1895, when a new chapel was built in Middlebridge Street.
The chapel closed in 1935, when the congregation united with the Wesleyan Methodists following Methodist Union in 1932. The building was sold to the Elim Trust. It is now used by the Elim Pentecostal Life Church.
In April 2014, the Elim Church boards were taken away for renovation, and underneath in stone is the inscription ‘Primitive Methodist Church 1895’.