Upper Clatford Primitive Methodist chapel
Upper Clatford ANDOVER SP11 7QL
The Upper Clatford Primitive Methodist chapel shown in Keith Guyler’s photograph was opened in 1903. There had been an earlier building built in 1871 according to Mr Guyler’s notes and in 1883 according to the Victoria County History.
Even earlier than that, the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship records an entry by Robert Tasker, local preacher. It records that services were taking place in a dwelling house that had been licensed in 1834. 63 people attended on Census Sunday.
At the time of the photograph in 1992 the chapel was still in use but on Google Street View in June 2011 it has been converted into a 5 bedroom house. Later in 2011 it was for sale at £670,000.