The Primitive Methodist chapel in Silverwell submitted a return to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship. Return no: 307 3 2 10. It stated that the chapel, erected in 1843, was a separate building, used exclusively for worship and a Sunday school. It seated 208 with room for another 180 standing. and the average Sunday attendance was 150 with a Sunday school of 20.
William Cooper, a class leader, completed the return.
“Primitive Methodism in Cornwall” by J C C Probert tells us that it was located in a field on Mount Pleasant Farm. It closed in 1883
Cornish Story website accessed 5th April 2021 at http://cornishstory.com/2020/12/23/mapping-methodism-silverwell-primitive-chapel/