Michael was born in early 1851 at Leigh, Lancashire, to parents John Eastwood, a PM minister, and Mary Ann Aspinall.
After leaving the PM ministry he was educated at New College, London and Paton Congregational College, Nottingham
He married Sarah Ann Dunn (b1851) in the spring of 1873 in the Kington Registration District, Herefordshire. Census returns identify nine of eleven children.
- William Robin (1876-1962) – emigrated to Canada in 1906; died in Alberta, Canada
- Ettie Rosamund (1877-1974) – a secretary at blind welfare centre (1939)
- Frank (1880-1959) – a life assurance clerk (1901)
- Florence (b1883) – married William Coventry Hutchison in 1910
- Constance Serena (1886-1924) – a milliner (1911)
- Hubert Owen (abt1888-1968) – an aircraft engineer (1939)
- Thomas Aspinall (1889-1967) – a shopkeeper and sub-postmaster (1939)
- Enoch Mellor (1892-1977) – a chemist druggist manager (1939)
- Lily (b abt1895) – married George Newbury in 1917
Michael died on the spring of 1900 in the Steyning Registration District, Sussex.
- 1871 London IV
- 1872 disappears
- 1883-1889 New Brompton, Kent – Congregational minister
- 1889-1893 Free Church, New Brompton
- 1893 Union Chapel, Brighton
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman Index id 7951
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers