Bream's Eaves Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Bream's Eaves Primitive Methodist Chapel' page

Sylvia Cooke

Forest of Dean

A society formed at Bream's Eaves in 1851, and a chapel was built in 1858. Known as Mount Sion, it attracted people from Whitecroft village, where Primitive Methodists had held cottage meetings, and had a congregation of 150 in 1879. A new schoolroom was added during alterations in 1903. The chapel, which was part of the Methodist Church from 1932, closed in 1991.

This page was added by Jill Barber on 24/08/2014.