The Primitive Methodists in Hammersmith rented a chapel in South Street in 1847, and as the society grew over three years to 35 members, they decided to buy it. Not only did it give the society a permanent home, it made financial sense too, saving them money that could be used to pay off the debt on the chapel..
Opening preachers in 1850 were Mr Mann of London and Rev GT Perkes (Wesleyan, from Brentford). The chapel cost just over £182/3/- of which they borrowed £120. Mr Flescher made a donation of £5.
The chapel accommodated 173 people.
We are told about the purchase by W Cooper in the Primitive Methodist magazine. What happened to the chapel?
Primitive Methodist magazine July 1850 page 429