The 1899 Christian Messenger tells us:
“Chrisp-street chapel, which is making preparations to celebrate its Jubilee in 1900, and hopes then to pay off the last instalment of its debt, is situated in one of the busiest thoroughfares in London. Chrisp-street is a daily market, and there are seven days in the week in Crisp-street. On Sunday mornings trade is almost as lively as one any other day of the week. Often the discordant voices of the costermongers crying their wares rise above the voice of praise in the house of God; nevertheless a good congregation gathers for worship Sabbath after Sabbath.”
The 1869 Ordnance Survey map shows the chapel by Ebenezer Place, opposite Charles Street. The whole area has been completely redeveloped, but Charles Street was north of and parallel to the current Cordelia Street.
Christian Messenger 1899/246