Walthamstow High Street Primitive Methodist chapel

Walthamstow High Street Primitive Methodist chapel
Christian Messenger 1900/341

The Christian Messenger of 1900 tells us:

“High Street is in the main street of the town, and no better position for a good chapel and for work could be found in London. The chapel was opened In June, 1787, and has recently bought by us from the Congregationalists. ┬áIt has a very dull and unattractive appearance, and very much out-of-date accommodation. This position is the place for our large new property. We have a frontage of 75 feet. The G.M. Committee is in close consultation with the trustees on the scheme, which includes two halls to hold nearly 500 each, with class-rooms and church parlour. Two or three shops will be built in front to flank a bold wide entrance. We are hopeful and confident that our success will be speedily doubled when we have our new premises. Money for this is our immediate need.”

Reference

Christian Messenger 1900/341

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *