Witton Park Primitive Methodist Chapel
laying of foundation stone 1883
The foundation stone of Witton Park Chapel was laid on 30 April 1883, according to two presentation labels discovered inside a nicely bound copy of the Primitive Methodist Quarterly Review, for 1882.
The first label reads: ‘Presented to Sir J W Pease, Bart, MP, by the Trustees of the Primitive Methodist Chapel, Witton Park, on the occasion of his laying the foundation stone, April 30th 1883. Benjamin Spoor, Secretary; George Dent, Treasurer; Joseph Ritson and John Laverick, Ministers.
The second label (underneath) is identical, apart from the name. It is ‘Presented to David Dale, Esq’.