Alcock, Henry Josiah (b1838)
Henry was born abt1839 at Wingrave, Buckinghamshire. His father, also Henry, was a farm labourer.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Henry.
- 1851 farm boy
- 1861 assistant town missionary – Leighton Buzzard
- 1871 PM minister
- 1881 tea and coffee dealer
Henry married Fanny Morris (1844-1900) in the summer of 1867 in the Pancras Registration District, London. Census returns identify six children.
- Florence Ada (1868-1939) – a servant (1891); married Charles Richard Hall, a grocer, in 1897
- Harriet Louise (abt1870)
- Henry Adolph (1872-1945) – a fireman (1911)
- Marion Annie (1873-1903) – a servant (1891)
- Agnes Jane (1876-1890)
- Alice Henrietta (b1880) – a servant (1911)
I have not been able to identify when Henry died. Fanny is identified as a chapel keeper in the 1891 census.
- 1862 Brighton
- 1863 St Albans
- 1864 Maidstone
- 1866 Stratford
- 1867 Falmouth & Truro
- 1869 Torquay & Teignmouth
- 1870 Yeovil & Sherborne
- 1872 Marlborough
- 1874 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Note: Birth registered under the spelling Allcock.