The return to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship contains an entry for West Kington. It is completed by George Watts, the minister, of Victoria Cottage, Chippenham.
It records a meeting place rather than a chapel, where preaching had commenced about 1844.. It was not a separate and entire building and was not used exclusively as a place of worship.
20 people attended in the afternoon of Sunday March 31st.