The return to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship from Oswaldtwistle Primitive Methodist chapel tells us that it opened in 1836 and was located in Foxhill Grove. The return was completed by James Macpherson, the minister of Haslingden, and reports attendances of 100 in the afternoon and 140 in the evening. There was also a sizeable Sunday school with 204 scholars attending on Census Sunday morning and 227 in the afternoon.
Lancashire online parish clerk adds a little detail, telling us that Primitive Methodists first met at Tanpits Lane, on the boundary of Church and Accrington in 1824, then in private houses until Foxhill Grove chapel was built in 1835.
After closure, the building was used as a slipper factory until the 1990s when it was destroyed by fire. Hyndburn Council demolished it in 1993 . Google Street View in 2018 shows the site as a car park.