George was born abt 1816 at Swaffham, Norfolk.
Census returns identify the following occupations for George.
- 1841 PM minister
- 1851 leather cutter
- 1861 shoemaker
- 1871 Minister of Paradise Chapel, Stockton – United Methodists
- 1881 clerk in building society office
He married Maria Kezzia Pyle Feltham (abt1819-1868) on 14 November 1839 at Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. Census returns identify four children.
- Emma Newsome (1842-1911) – a music teacher
- Henrietta Clowes (1844-1890) – a music teacher
- George James (1846-1920) – a shoemaker
- Alfred Thomas Scrope (abt1857-1914) – a Church of England clergyman (1901)
George died in the spring of 1889 at Middlesbrough, Yorkshire.
- 1835 Yarmouth
- 1837 Norwich
- 1838 Hull
- 1840 Malton
- 1842 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers