William was born in the summer of 1840 at Southampton, Hampshire, to parents Charles Tubb, a dairyman (1851), and Ann Hoskins.
He married Louisa Jane Drew (1844-1882) in the summer of 1864 at Dorchester, Dorset. Census returns and birth records identify four children.
- Louisa Evangeline (1865-1949) – a school governess (1891); married Henry James Wire Humphrey, manager of wholesale stationary branch (1891), in 1891; married George Daniel W Douglas, a surveyor & land agent (1901), in 1895
- Eva Rose (1869-1926) – married Francis Henry Leedam, a cinema manager(1929), in 1906
- Stanley Walter (1874-1892)
- Horace Stuart (1877-1877)
He married Elizabeth Sarah Goddard, nee Alldis (1843-1915) in the spring of 1888 in the Camberwell Registration District, London.
William died in May 1905 in the Portsmouth Registration District, Hampshire.
- 1860 Pembroke
- 1861 Weymouth
- 1862 Teignmouth
- 1863 Dorchester
- 1864 Jersey
- 1868 Luton
- 1871 disappears
- 1871 Blue Town Sheerness – Congregational minister
- 1880 Marlboro, Old Kent Rd, London
- 1884 Camberwell New Road, Camberwell
- 1894-1905 Odiham, Hampshire
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman Index id: 28022
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers