This was possibly Joseph Moore, born on 29 Feb 1816 at Fareham, Hampshire, to parents Charles and Ann. He was baptised on 7 April 1816 at Green Row Wesleyan Chapel, Portsmouth.
He married Mary Pinnick (1815-1897) in the summer of 1842 at Fareham, Hampshire. Census returns identify 5 children.
- Henry Joseph (b abt1844) – born in Tahiti; not identified after 1861 census return
- Edward (b1845) – emigrated to USA in 1884; a watchmaker (1900)
- Alfred Howard (1847-1934) – a silk warehouseman (1881); director of sewing and silk manufacturing company (1911)
- Mary (Maria) (b1850) – a painter amateur artist (1881)
- Albert (abt1854-1939) – a veterinary surgeon (1901)
Joseph died on 1 January 1893 at Congleton, Cheshire
This Joseph became a Congregation minister (Surman Index id: 18836). He attended Chestnut College and was then appointed as follows.
- 1842-1845 London Missionary Society: Tahiti
- 1848-1888 Congleton
Can anyone confirm or otherwise?
- 1835 Sunderland
- 1837 Hexham
- 1838 Brompton
- 1839 Gateshead
- 1840 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers