Thomas was born in 1850 at Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland. His mother was named Mary Ann.
Before entering the ministry Thomas worked as a blacksmith.
He married Jane Hay Byers (b abt1856). Census returns identify seven children.
- Mary Jane (b1870) – a typist (1901)
- Phoebe Ann (b abt1886)
- Jessie Byres (b abt 1888)
- Susannah (b abt1890)
- Thomas (1891-1915) – died in WW1
- Alexander George (b abt1893)
- Margaret Byers (b abt1896)
Thomas died on 5 May 1936 at Aberdeen, Scotland
- 1874 Portadown
- 1875 Glasgow
- 1877 disappears
- Paton Congregational College, Nottingham
- 1879 Insch, Aberdeenshire – Congregational minister
- 1883 Hutchesontown, Lanarkshire
- 1886 Free Church of Scotland
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman Index id:12079
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Note: the spelling of the surname changed to Havre in records after 1881.