Edward was born abt1816 at Romanby, nr. Northallerton, Yorkshire, to parents Edward and Jane. He was baptised on 12 May 1816 at Northallerton.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Edward.
- 1851 PM minister
- 1861 bookseller and shoe maker
- 1871 agent for life assurance
He married Sarah Ann Gardner, nee Goforth (1824-1881) in the summer of 1848 at Bridlington, Yorkshire. Census returns identify six children.
- Albert Edward William (1849-1915) – a labourer in iron works (1881)
- Alphonso Henry Edward (1851-1908) – a capstan driver engine (1881)
- Sarah Ann Edwina (b1853)
- Alfred Edward Elkanah (1855-1890) – a grocer’s assistant
- Victoria Louisa Rebecca (1859-1862)
- Mary Jane Edwarda (1861-1863)
I have not been able to identify a death record for Edward.
- 1838 Hexham (6 mths)
- 1838 Alston (18 mths)
- 1840 Ripon
- 1841 Carlisle
- 1842 Durham
- 1844 Louth
- 1846 Driffield
- 1848 Epworth
- 1850 Grimsby
- 1852 Hull
- 1854 Hull II
- 1855 Swinefleet
- 1857 Alford
- 1858 Winterton
- 1859 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Note: Records vary the spelling of Sharp(e).