William was born abt1848 at Low Moor, Bradford, Yorkshire, to parents Henry, a coal miner (1851), and Elizabeth. He was baptised on 11 June 1848 at Silsden, Yorkshire.
Census returns identify the following occupations for William.
- 1861 nailmaker.
- 1871 PM minister
- 1881 Independent minister at Maker, Cornwall
- 1910 Presbyterian minister at Reeder Missaukee, Michigan
- 1920 Presbyterian minister at Merritt Bay, Michigan
- 1930 no occupation (retired) at Bay City, Michigan
The family emigrated to USA in 1883.
He married Isabella Simpson(1848-1929) in the spring of 1873 in the Risbridge Registration District, Suffolk. Records identify five children.
- Richard Henry (1874-1908) – a Presbyterian clergyman
- Charles Wesley (1875-1946) – a Presbyterian clergyman
- Emily B (1877-1966) – a teacher
- Isabella (1880-1956) – married William E Albright, a farmer, in 1916
- Robert Simpson (1882-1967) – a Presbyterian clergyman
William died on 6 February 1932 ay Bay City, Bay, Michigan, USA.
- 1869 Marlborough
- 1870 Weymouth
- 1872 Wickhambrook
- 1873 Northampton
- 1874 Baldock
- 1876 Maidenhead
- 1878 Whitstable
- 1881 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers