Thomas was born in 1827 at Luddington, Lincolnshire, to parents William and Elizabeth. He was baptised on 16 December 1827 at Luddington.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Thomas.
- 1851 PM minister
- 1861 theological student – Rotherham College (Independent)
- 1871 Independent minister at Wootton Bassett
- 1881 insurance agent
- 1891 Chaplin & registrar in Leeds
- 1901 retired Congregational minister – Leeds
He married Mary Thornton (abt1833-1864) in the summer of 1857 at Crowle, Lincolnshire. Census returns identify one child.
- Ada (1858-1932) – a machinist – baby linen (1901)
He married Mary Ricketts (abt1838-1928) in late 1865 in the keynsham Registration District, Somerset. Census returns identify five children.
- Edith Elizabeth (1866-1955) – married George Bilton Massa, a railway agent (1911), in 1891
- Florence Fanny (1869-1955) – married Albert Wood, a clothier’s traveller (1911), in 1896
- Thornton Ricketts (1871-1932) – grocer manager (1901)
- Kezia Mary (abt1878-1938)
- George Percy W (1881-1897)
Thomas died on 10 November 190-5 at Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire.
- 1851 Presteigne
- 1852 Wrockwardinewood
- 1853 Stafford
- 1854 disappears
- 1862 Rotherham academy – Independent
- 1863 Broad Chalke, Wiltshire
- 1869 Wootton Bassestt
- 1874 Brotherton, Yorkshire
- 1876-1879 Fairburn, Yorkshire.
Surman Index id:26474
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Note: Many records spell the surname, Storey