William was born in 1856 at Hawsker cum Stainsacre, Yorkshire, to parents Thomas Weatherill, a cow-keeper (1861) and Sarah Cook. His brother, Thomas, was also a PM minister, who emigrated to Australia.
Census returns identify the following occupations for William after he ‘disappears’.
- 1891 Methodist clergyman at Collingwood, East Ontario
- 1901 Methodist clergyman at Addington, Ontario
- 1911 Methodist Minister at Campbellford, Ontario
- 1921 retired at Brighton Village, Northumberland, Ontario
He married Violet Lake (1856-1939) on 2 June 1882 at Frontenac, Ontario. Records identify five children.
- Thomas (1884-1945) – a farmer
- Arthur (1886-1964) – a coal yard labourer at Jefferson, New York, USA (1910); died in Australia
- Lilian (b1888) – a teacher (1921); married George E Kennedy in 1922
- Nellie (b1889)
- May (b1893) – a teacher (1921)
William died on 28 January 1927 at Northumberland, Ontario.
- 1878 Chichester
- 1879 Maidstone
- 1880 Portland- Canada
- 1881 Wingham
- 1882 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers