Kendall records that Jacob was born abt1800. After his retirement from the ministry, Jacob was actively associated with Nottingham and the circuit for a time and then he disappears.
Jacob was born abt1801 at Kings Lynn, Norfolk, to parents Pincton and Elizabeth. he was baptised on 11 January 1801 at Kings Lynn.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Jacob.
- 1841 grocer
- 1851 collector of rates
- 1861 rate collector – in gaol for embezzlement and obtaining money by false pretences.
He married Ann Parsons (1805) on 13 December 1825 at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire. Ann died in 1854 or 1855. Census returns identify 5 children.
- Selina Elizabeth Ann (abt1830-1905) – a milliner & dressmaker (1851); married William Hadfield, a marble mason, in 1856
- Sarah (b1836) – a dressmaker (1851); died before 1861 census return
- Betsey (b1837) – not identified after 1851 census return
- William Henry (1840-1841)
- Charles Jacob (1846-1853)
He married Hannah Cross in the spring of 1863 at Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
William died on 14 February 1870 at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire.
- 1822 Nottingham
- 1826 Retford
- 1827 Manchester
- 1828 Preston Brook
- 1829 Worcester
- 1830 disappears
H B Kendall, Origin and History of the PM Church, vol 1, p245
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers