Joseph was born in late 1839 at Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, to parents Thomas Wild, a framework knitter (1851), and Elizabeth Radford.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Joseph.
- 1851 framework knitter
- 1861 PM minister
- 1871 Hosier
- 1881 pastor of the Baptist Church, Woodhouse Eves
- 1891 retired Baptist minister
- 1901 missioner on own account
- 1911 medical dealer
He married Jane Olver (1840-1870). I have not been able to identify the marriage. Census returns identify three children.
- Adeline E (b abt1865) – not identified after 1901 census return
- Joseph Henry (1866-1939) – pressman to the boot trade (1891)
- Thomas William (b1869) – a druggist (1901); a medical dealer (1911)
He married Hannah Wagg (1840-1908) in the summer of 1871 in the Basford Registration District, Nottinghamshire.
Joseph died in late 1921 at Leicester, Leicestershire.
- 1859 Exmouth
- 1860 Weymouth
- 1861 Plymouth
- 1862 Exeter
- 1863 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers