This was possibly Samuel Willett born in 1814 at Middlewich Cheshire to parents John and Mary. He was baptised on 12 June 1814 at Middlewich.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Samuel.
- 1851 shoemaker
- 1861 in Ireland
- 1871 Baptist minister
- 1881 Baptist minister
- 1891 baby linen
He married Mary Jane Overend (b abt1821) on 12 September 1849 at Seagoe, Amargh, Ireland. Census returns identify five children.
- David (b1850) – a retired bank manager (1911)
- John (b abt1853) – an invoice clerk (1871); a jeweller’s clerk (1881)
- Louisa (b abt1857) – married Robert Spencer Dawson in 1879; married Robert Potter in 1886
- Mary Jane (b abt1861) – a baby linen maker (1891)
- James Overend (1862-1881) – a commercial invoice clerk (1881)
Samuel died on 30 October 1894 at Seagoe, County Armagh, Ireland.
- 1847 Lurgen
- 1848 Lisburn
- 1849 Buckden
- 1850 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Note: It is possible that this was also the S. Willett recorded on a separate page.